Journal Bookbinding Kit - Western / Case Binding
Journal Bookbinding Kit - Western / Case Binding
The kit contains tools, supplies, and instructions (written and video), to make your own professional cased-in hard-bound journal, in no time! Your book will be A5 size (14.8x 21 cm - 5.83" x 8.27") and it will be great for a photo album, a journal, a guest album, a diary, or even a gift to a loved one.
This kit is a perfect gift for any creative person, as it teaches the craft of bookbinding in an easy and comprehensive way! Make your first book and you will be hooked for life!
The kit contains:
- Instructions for compilation for western bookbinding (English)
- Link to the video tutorial
- Two grey boards for the covers
- One book spine
- 150gsm watercolor paper (15 sheets = book of 60 pages) or 160gsm unlined writing paper (20 sheets = book of 80 pages), creased and ready for binding (please Choose)
- one piece of book backing material
- Specialized book man-made leather (please choose color)
- 100% waxed linen Irish thread for the binding
- One piece of tail backing
- Two pieces of endpapers (parchment)
- 30 ml of bookbinding glue
- Foam Brush 1" for spreading the glue
- Bookbinding Needle
💡 Full Case Binding, is the traditional way to produce a hard-backed book. The pages are sewn together in sections and attached to the inside of a case with end papers which are tipped onto the book block and then glued into the case. Case binding produces a hardback book that is robust and will last a lifetime.
📌 If you want to bind your book with more pages, please buy this add-on.
📌 If you want to have your own bookbinder tool kit (last photo), please select the option with the tool kit. Note that it is 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 for completing the book of the kit (although helpful), but it is essential for your next books.
- Wooden ruler of 12" (30cm) which has one 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 for cutting paper
- 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐟-𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐭 A4 size with line guides
- Plastic paper cutter with 𝟗𝐦𝐦 𝐰𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐞. It has a slit for snapping off blunt blades and a security button for safe cutting.
- Black Graphite 𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐥 from recycled wood with 𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐫
- 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐀𝐰𝐥 with a steel blade and wooden handle
- Light 𝐏𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫 / Creaser with corner rounding edge
📌 If you are a beginner crafter or if it is your first binding, why don't you start from a non-glue book? The medieval Journal Binding kit is an excellent one.
🚫 NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS WERE USED FOR THIS BOOKBINDING LEATHER
Please bear in mind that photos may be slightly different from actual item in terms of color, due to the lighting during photo shooting or the monitor's display
I will pack your journal very carefully and post it by registered mail. It is more expensive than the simple "air-mail" service, but it will let us both breathe freely and not worry about the fate of your journal. I will email you the tracking number, so that you can track your journal during its journey to you.
🚚 Standard Shipping is fulfilled by National Post. Greek postal service needs 3-10 business days (for registered/express delivery), to deliver to your country's inward Office of Exchange (local post). From then on, it depends on your local post. I have estimated the delivery time to the best of my knowledge, but there might be delays that I cannot predict.
🚀For faster and more accurate service, please 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝. European orders are shipped via DHL. USA and most Canadian orders are shipped via FedEx. If your address is considered "remote" by the carrier, I will revert it to National Post. Please note that courier service is not available for P.O. Boxes
🔹 𝐂𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐱𝐞𝐬
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
- All sales are final. Regretfully, I cannot accept returns for a change of mind or a change of heart. However, if you have made a purchase and your item is not yet shipped, and you need to cancel the order, please contact me within 6 hours.
- If for any reason you are not happy with your (ready-to-ship) journal, please contact me within 3 days of receiving the item. I will make my best to make it up to you. Custom or personalized orders cannot be returned.
- If your order arrived damaged or incorrect, it will be repaired or replaced at no charge. Return shipping costs are your responsibility.
- If your order was unclaimed or your address was wrong and your item was returned to me, you will have to pay the actual shipping price in order to re-send it. Greek Post charges 16.5 euros per kg. Unclaimed or returned items are not eligible for a refund and after 30 days they will be donated to charity. So please, keep an eye on your purchase using the tracking number provided.
There is a 𝟏𝟓% 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐞𝐞, on all returns. This percentage of your purchase will NOT be reimbursed in case of a product return.
🔴 𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘
If you live in the European Union, you have the right to return purchases made online within 14 days.
The 14-day cooling-off period does not apply to all purchases. Exemptions are:
- Custom or personalized orders
- Orders which contain a digital item ex Bookbinding kit with a video tutorial
- Items "made to order"
- Items on Sale
𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐞𝐝:
You must inform me that you want to cancel your purchase. 𝐈𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤. I will send you the European withdrawal form which you will fill, sign, and send along with the product. The product should be unused, packed well to avoid damage, and sent back to me within 14 days, using a trackable service. You are responsible for the return costs. I will refund you (the value of the item only - no shipping costs), as soon as I can be able to inspect the item (usually 2-3 days, after I receive it).